Thursday, September 14, 2017

Honest Thoughts

He made it Facebook official last night. He removed his marital status on his page. It hurts to know that the paperwork isn't even final and he is already posting trashy shit. Things like "Real Women make your dick hard not your life." and a long story about how a man gave everything he had to make others happy and not himself. This I can say. Marriage is give and take. And looking back at it now, I think I ended up giving and conceding more than he ever did.

Married almost 7 years. Three of those years we lived in a pool house that was converted into an apartment. It was 1000 square feet, partial kitchen, bathroom only had a shower and a hot water heater that allowed 10 min of hot water and no heat/air in the bedroom. I made it work cause we were only living there temporarily. We were doing it to save money for a house. I refused to get pregnant because that place just wasn't made for a baby. Three years in we start looking for a house, well I start looking. He wants to buy his dad's place, where we are living in the apartment. I didn't want it. The place was 20 years a bachelor pad and it would have been me doing most of the work. We couldn't decide on anything in our price range, so I caved and we bought his dad's place.

You would think that would be okay. That we'd get the house and his dad would move out and all. That's not how it happened. Let me tell you something about his father. He is a lazy self entitled asshole. Refused to keep a job and would quit one for some of the stupidest reasons. He had a manager's job at an autoparts store. And he quit because they refused to give him a day off so he could go to a biker rally. He believed he deserved to act like a horny 18 year old because his life had been so hard before. This man was in his 50s, unemployed, refused to get a job and was trying to get on disability. And he lived off the 1000 bucks a month we gave him as a house payment. The 10k we gave him as a down payment he went and bought himself a motorcycle with. And where did he live? The apartment that we lived in for 3 years before.

When we swapped places. I made sure the apartment was spotless. We still were dealing with his shit in the house even when I left a couple weeks ago. We had to change the locks on the house because he would come in late at night and take things like the steak knives. I had to endure someone talking shit about me because I wasn't a stick skinny bimbo. And my now ex husband did nothing to defend me.

I was his wife, but I wasn't first. It was always his dad and his sister. His sister is a doll. Smart as a whip and working towards a doctorate in grad school. She will be okay and I'll always love her like the little sister she is to me. His dad, like I mentioned above was just a pain in the ass. He would make sure they were okay first, saying things like I won't abandon family. New flash, wife is family too. And you sure as hell abandoned me.

He is far from a real man. He is a coward. He would have served me divorce papers while he was out of the country if I hadn't gotten my passport in order. Real men face their problems, deal with them, and don't point blame away from them. Real men look at their own family, their wife and kids, and make sure they are okay. A real man would be faithful, and he was far from a real man.

No comments:

Post a Comment